In 1927, Hawaii was the first state to outlaw billboards, so there are no signs along the Hana Highway indicating stops or places of interest. This is why you need the Hana CD Guide. In addition to the pools, waterfalls, rain and bamboo forests, hiking trails, exotic plants & flowers and a black sand beach, here are a few other things indicated on our Hana Map:
1. The best bamboo forest in Hawaii to walk through. When the wind blows, it sounds so melodic, just like walking through bamboo wind chimes.
2.The final resting place of famed aviator Charles Lindbergh, A very peaceful place.
3. The bay writer Robert Louis Stevenson said was the most beautiful bay he had ever seen.
4. The cinder cone legend tells us that covers Madam Pele's bones. The name of the hill means the bones of Pele.
5. The birthplace of Queen Ka'ahumanu.
6. The cave that Chieftess Poppalaea was slain in, and now "runs red with blood" once a year.
7. The memorial to the man who brought cattle ranching and tourism to Hana.
8. The best place to walk right up to a stand of colorful rainbow eucalyptus (wtihout jumping over any fences).
9. The best trail through a tropical rain forest for a family.
10. The Coral Miracle Church where a huge storm washed the needed coral to shore, and another huge storm took the remaining coral back out to sea when the church was completed.
Plus lists of:
Popular Swimming Spots
Road to Hana Road Highlights
Popular Hana Hiking Trails
From Huelo to Kipahulu and beyond, our Hana Map is your Guide